Thursday, October 30, 2014

Homemade Candles in Mason Jars + How To Make One

As you have probably seen now, I love all things cozy and chill. Candles are definitely one of these things, and I love to surround myself with them, especially in autumn. What makes it even better is if the candles are scented. Or in cool containers. Or even homemade!

I recently came across a photo of a beautiful lavender-scented candle in a mason jar, decorated with actual lavender flowers (scroll to the end of the post to see it). I was so inspired. I immediately looked it up. You can actually make scented candles at home easily! How awesome is that?

You can mix in your own scents, choose the container and decorate them with things like pressed flowers. This is definitely my next free-time project. Here are some inspirational photos, followed by a quick how-to!









How to make a scented candle in a mason jar

You need:
  • some candle wax
  • a wick + wick sticker
  • a stick (bigger than the jar opening)
  • essential oil of choice
  • mason jar (or container of choice)
  • decorations
You can get the candle wax, wick and wick sticker in craft supply stores. Essential oils and mason jars can be purchased in most home decor stores. The sticks can be found in the park :)

1. Place the wick sticker on the wick and stick it to the bottom of the jar.
2. Take the other end to the wick and tie it to the stick, so that it stands up straight.
3. Melt the wax in a pot on the stove, on medium heat. Stir in essential oils.
4. Pour the wax in the mason jar. The stick should hold the wick up. Let cool.

I will post my own creation when I get the time to make one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment