Thursday, October 9, 2014

3 Spots to Hang Out on an Autumn Day in Barcelona

Autumn is a very retrospective but also inspirational time for me. I like to chill in cozy places and read, work or just think. Here are my top 3 places to spend your autumn weekends in Barcelona.

La Clandestina.

This one is a real gem! Hidden on one of the typical Gotic streets, just behind Correos, La Clandestina is a chill, eclectic space with cozy sofas, exotic teas, shishas, organic food, fresh juices and free WiFi.

As this is a Teteria (Tea House), tea is the main event here. It gets served in plentiful amounts in Morrocan and Turkish tea pots, along with tiny glasses. It is store in huge glass jars by the wall. My favourites include Mango, Eucaliptos, and a mix called "Selva Negra" (Black Jungle). They also have the most authentic Turkish coffee I have found so far in Barcelona.

The decor is very eclectic - no two tables or chairs are alike. The low sofas are covered in cushions and throws, and there are magazines scattered around.

I bring my computer here to work in tranquility while sipping on tea and chilling on the cozy sofa.












Plaza Masadas.

I recently discovered this hidden plaza while cycling around my new neighborhood, and it was such a pleasent surprise! It is a typical Spanish plaza without all the tourists you get in the center.

Markets are held here and on some days, there are small concerts and events. However, most of the time there's just a couple of children playing around the fountain in the middle, and locals chilling in the cafes surrounding the plaza.









The Labyrinth.

On top of Barcelona, there is an old palace surrounded by gardens, which have been opened to the public. In the heart of these gardens, there is a hedge maze called the Labyrinth. It was built by a Catalan prince a long time ago. The prince was also obsessed with Greek mythology, and filled the rest of the gardens with Greek statues, columns and ornaments.

This place has a unique atmosphere of a once lavish place that was abandoned and forgotten. I love the grunge look of the fine Greek statues, now overgrown with ivy. In autumn, when the foliage turns auburn and the weather cools down, this place becomes magical.












(That´s me in the last picture!)

Photo Sources:
La Clandestina Facebook Page
Plaza Masadas's Blog
My own photos